Dangerous incident: Electric Shock

February 13, 2018 Tara
Summary: A contractor was re-gassing a light vehicle when he felt an electric shock from a 240-volt re-gassing machine. The contractor did not report the incident until the end of his shift, so the site was not preserved at the time of the incident and the exact time is unknown. On initial investigation, the re-gas machine tested correctly however, the extension lead was found to have damaged earth.
Recommendations to industry: Mine operators should review:
  • training and confirm that workers understand their obligations to report incidents at the time of the event.
  • electrical control plans to ensure that workers conduct quality pre-use checks to all equipment before it is used.
Previous Article
Serious injury: Child
Serious injury: Child

Summary: Police informed the mine a child had an accident on the mountain behind the administration area on...

Next Article
Dangerous Incident: Trailer
Dangerous Incident: Trailer

Summary: During the unloading of a trailer at the processing site the trailer has rolled onto its side when...