Health, Safety, Environment and Training Coordinator
An exciting opportunity is available for an experienced Health, Safety, Environment and Training Coordinator to work for a fast growing Australian owned Company.
Northern Oil Refinery is part of a group of environmentally sustainable companies. The company operates an advanced lube oil re-refinery at Yarwun (Gladstone) using sophisticated application of technologies such as deep vacuum distillation and liquid-liquid extraction to produce a range of ultra-high purity base oil and fuel oil products. The Company recently opened its bio-fuels pilot plant on-site, the first of its kind in Australia.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will manage the site’s day-to day HSET needs. Furthermore, you will lead change and shape the future culture of the site.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervising employee health requirements including return to work coordination.
- Administering safety systems including incident reporting, hazard reporting, incident investigations and monitoring corrective actions.
- Identifying hazards and managing site safety improvement projects.
- Managing documents and reviewing procedures.
- Environmental monitoring and coordinating environmental testing.
- Completing environmental returns.
- Organising training needs of all staff.
- Developing and improving site health, safety and environmental management systems.The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Enthusiasm, focus and willingness to “roll up the sleeves” when required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Formal qualifications in this field will be highly regarded
- Experience in a 24 hr industrial environment is desirable but not essentialYou will be offered a package commensurate with experience.