SGS AUSTRALIA IS LOOKING FOR A
HSE COORDINATOR (WA/SA)
- Adelaide or Perth location
- Gain experience within our Global Organisation
- Fixed-term 12 Month contract
WHO IS SGS?
With more than 90,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world
They’re searching for an experienced, passionate and committed HSE coordinator to join their busy national team providing outstanding safety leadership, commitment and innovation to our business lines in SA and WA.
In this role, you will actively engage business leaders, supervisors and staff to transform and drive our safety systems and culture to be best in class.
Reporting to the National Operational Integrity Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Engaging, influencing, coaching and supporting the business to promote continual development and improvement in the safety culture;
- Coaching and providing advice to all company levels to ensure the businesses meet HSE standards;
- Conducting routine risk assessments, implementing controls as appropriate;
- Leading incident investigations, communicating reports and recommendations as appropriate;
- Continually supporting staff to take ownership of their safe work environments;
- Conducting HSE audits and inspections.
- Taking ownership of contractor management
This role can be based in Perth or Adelaide. Should the successful candidate be based in Perth, then monthly travel to Adelaide and regional WA will be required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate should be passionate about HSE, loves working in a team and has solid communication skills. They are keen to get the job done right whilst having a collaborative yet influential style when working with the businesses. Additionally, they should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Tertiary qualification in Occupational Health and Safety or related discipline;
- Completed formal HSE Auditor training;
- Extensive experience in a similar HSE position
- Sound knowledge of Australian legislation relating to Occupational Health and Safety;
- Understanding of the application of risk management, assessment and control;
- Incident Investigation Training
- Hygiene experience desirable
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
You will be rewarded with excellent remuneration as well as the opportunity to develop a successful career within a global organisation. SGS is committed to the health and wellbeing on its employees and offers incentives such as gym membership rebates, private health insurance discounts, ongoing training & development and paid maternity leave.
So what are you waiting for? Click APPLY NOW