As Thiess’ next Safety Advisor reporting to the HSE&T Manager you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Thiess’ Curragh North Coal Project is located 30km north of Blackwater in the Bowen Basin and is approximately 20 kilometres north of Wesfarmer’s Curragh mine site.
As the safety advisor at Curragh North you will assist the HSE&T Manager with the maintenance and effectiveness of the site’s Safety Management Plan. This role will see you:
- Assist with the coordination of all functional safety issues including the maintenance of relevant records and reports
- Play a pivotal role in the implementation of the Injury Management process
- Drive a culture of safety and liaise with other departments in the achievement of the site’s safety objectives
The following abilities and certifications are all highly regarded:
- Experience in rehabilitation coordination
- The ability to facilitate ICAM Investigations
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
- S1, S2 and S3
- Strong computer skills
Preference will be given to candidates with a tertiary qualification in a relevant field combined with proven experience in a mining environment.
How to Apply