Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider.
As their next Safety Advisor, reporting to the Health and Safety Operations Manager, you will work collaboratively towards delivering safety solutions and results. Based at their Maintenance Workshop in Muswellbrook you will provide leadership, advice and practical support for all health and safety aspects across Thiess’s NSW operations.
Some of your duties will include;
- Champion all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental Laws, Regulations and statutory obligations at all times.
- Preparation and facilitation of HSET communications
- Oversee quality management of site Health and Safety data systems.
- Contribute to Thiess exceeding safety performance targets.
- Actively engage with site personnel on a regular and ongoing basis as part of promoting a strong safety culture and cohesive team environment
- Assist in the development and implementation of health and safety strategies, systems, plans and procedures.
- Provide support to NSW sites when as required
- Management of subcontractors onsite by conducting regular audits; observations and reviews
- Preparation and presentation of toolbox talks when required
- Lead and coordinate Injury Management and Return to Work Programs
What skills and experience do you need?
As the successful applicant, you will be high achieving and focused on delivering results. You have previous experience in a Safety role within a mining context.
- Appropriate WHS qualifications and/or relevant demonstrated industry experience.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications/or working towards in Health and Safety
- Previous experience in Rehabilitation and Return to Work
- Working knowledge of relevant NSW Mining legislation
- Ability to build strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with incident investigations
- Previous experience in a similar role in a mining & heavy maintenance environment
- Ability to self-manage & work as part of a collaborative team
When do you need to apply?
If people are your focus and results are your passion, then consider joining an organisation that’s as excited about the important things as you are. Apply online at www.thiess.com.au/careers .
Applications close: 19/09/2017