Minimum 5/6 years’ experience as Safety Advisor in Mining and Maintenance
Preference from personnel that live in Northern Territory
Reporting to the Project Manager, you will provide technical and practical safety management support and solutions.
General duties for Safety Advisor will include;
- Facilitating and organizing training for team members
- Communicate health and safety information at Prestart meetings, Safety Toolboxes and adhoc as required
- Manage, implement and monitor the onsite safety management system
- Conduct safety inspection, audits and reports
- Assist with task risk management;
- Manage incident and near miss investigations
- Provide return to work support
- Provide coaching and mentoring to team members on site safety requirements
- Safety data entry into client Safety management system
- Provide general administration support.
You will be experienced in all aspects of WHS, and have the ability to influence site and management teams to follow the company safety procedures in line with company objectives.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum Certificate IV in WHS
- Minimum 5-6 years’ experience in a mining/maintenance environment, actin in a Safety role
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and Excel skills
- Excellent communication, written and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of the NT WHS Act and Australian Standards
- Prior experience developing Incident Cause Analysis Method investigation reports
- Demonstrated experience developing and producing reports, KPIs, risk assessments and coaching personnel.
- RIIRIS301D – Apply risk management processes (S1)
- RIIWHS301D – Conduct safety and health investigations (S2)
- RIICOM301D – Communicate information (S3)
- Certificate IV in training and Education
- Return to work coordinators certification
Competitive salary according the experience/skills; Family friendly roster from Darwin; good career development opportunities; Multicultural environment.