About the role
In this role you will define Process Safety Engineering requirements across activities in design, fabrication, construction and production operations, as well as facilitate delivery and implementation of effective, assurance processes through Process Safety Standards across the life cycle of Olympic Dam surface operations.
Ensuring process safety risks are identified, assessed and managed according to the Process Safety Systems and Procedures. Conducts A&I for continuous improvement in Process safety management KPIs.
Promote process safety management aspects and steers organizational understanding of equipment critical control processes. Lead and organize Process safety management and relevant functional procedure’s training for the organization.
In this role you will:
- Comply to and consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable you to work safely and effectively every day
- Provide Process Safety SME support for development and maintenance Material Risk Bowties, aligning Process Safety impacts with the Risk Management procedure
- Support the development and maintenance of Critical Controls Performance Standards with Process Safety impacts and identification of associated Critical Control Owners
- Support development and maintenance of the format and templates of Manual Test Plan of Engineering Critical Controls
- Review with Critical Control Owners for Process Safety impacts that critical equipment have been identified, managed, controlled in 1SAP WM and linked to 1SAP GRC
- Support the development of maintenance strategies associated with Process Safety activities to align with critical control objectives
- Participate in Olympic Dam level reviews of Risks with Process Safety impacts and associated Critical Controls
- Provide governance for the BowTieXP software and other relevant tools (excluding Material Risk template)
- Develop, maintain, audit and improve Process Hazard Analysis procedures, tools and templates for use in Olympic Dam inclusive of lessons sharing and best practices
- Develop and maintain the Safety Case, Engineering Critical Control Owner Monthly Health-check and Case to Operate procedures and requirements
- Assess Process Safety Events for Analysis and Improvement to identify common themes, root causes and recommend proactive opportunities
- Provide functional assurance through peer review/assistance to site on general process safety matters and for pre-audit requirements
- Keep abreast of industry practices and technology development for adoption internally
- Proven commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm’s way
- Degree qualifications in a relevant engineering discipline, combined with professional Development qualifications
- Related course work and training in Process Safety Management
- Extensive, relevant experience in process safety management activities preferably in a major hazardous facility within operational metallurgical, refining, chemical or oil and gas production environments
- Sound knowledge of risk management, risk assessments and their application
- Technical proficiency and knowledge of Safety Case processes and requirements
- Knowledge of Australian Standards and regulatory requirements
- The ability and willingness to coach others in Process Safety
How to apply
Please APPLY HERE before 5pm Sunday 8 October 2017.
Reference Number – 795102
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.