To assist industry in providing safety and health representative (SHRep) election information, the department will upgrade the Safety Regulation System (SRS) in early February to allow sites to enter SHRep election details and track election terms and area(s) of responsibility online. This new functionality will replace the existing manual process.
The online approach will help sites to carry out their duties under the WA Mines Safety and Inspection Act 1994. Other benefits to industry include:
- SHReps being able to nominate their preferred contact details
- the ability to update details as they change
- automatic provision of supporting information to newly appointed SHReps
- training details to be included in SRS to help sites identify where introductory or refresher training is needed
- reminders sent via SRS to prompt when election terms are coming to a close.
As part of the rollout of this new functionality, in the coming weeks the department will release tools for industry including help videos, frequently asked questions and online help.