- Join a growing major gold producer with operations in Africa and Australia
- Exciting FIFO role with opportunity to make a difference!
- Attractive remuneration package and great team
Reporting within the site Underground Mining and Safety & Training teams, this key role is accountable for managing and coordinating safety and training for the new Underground mine. Priorities of the role include:
- Utilise modern training techniques and simulators for key operator roles to upskill workforce as required, to ensure safe and efficient operation of equipment within the underground mine
- Develop competency and capability to ensure a skilled Malian workforce is developed for underground roles. Identify training requirements, develop and schedule training needs, monitor and maintain training records for the underground workforce
- Development and implementation of safety systems, procedures, standards and initiatives in order to establish high operating and performance standards in the UG mine
- Identify improvement opportunities in work processes to reduce risk exposures to personnel. Implement value adding initiatives through structured change management processes
- Ensure all site incidents, investigations, workplace injuries and related documentation are managed and completed in line with existing standards and procedures
- Ensure site compliance to company and site standards, relevant local and national legislation.
- Develop and implement site induction processes for Underground personnel and visitors
- Implement and manage underground work area inspection and task observation programs
- Manage, communication formally report as needed for HSEQ accountabilities
- Integration of Resolute Integrated Management System (RIMS) within the underground environment
Resolute Mining is offering an ideal opportunity for an experienced Safety and Training specialist with a proven track record in precious or base metals.
You will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Safety and Training (or Cert IV Trainer)
- At least 20 years Underground mining experience, with 5-10 years in UG Safety, Training and Advisor type roles (for mine owner or mining contractor)
- Developed strength in use of risk assessment methods and leading and managing site teams within safety management systems and standards
- Experience with national skills training development in Africa (highly desirable) or similar environment
- Proven ability to coach and develop individual and team capability – patience, composure and humility are essential qualities
- Result oriented and team player, positive attitude and embraces continuous improvement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. High competence in Microsoft Office Suite
- Problem solver, analytical thinker
- Knowledge of French would be considered as an advantage
This position is based in our Syama Mine in Mali, West Africa and is a FIFO role.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Resolute has 25+ years of continuous gold production and consistently provide outstanding shareholder return. We seek to hire capable individuals who are committed to our values of being bold, agile, courageous and united.
We are an energetic team with big dreams. If you want to go places, if you want to learn and be part of something great, we look forward to hearing from you.
How to How to Apply
Please send us a cover letter and a current resume to apply for this position.
Queries can be directed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 15th September 2017