Grate Cleat is an Australian company that makes clip-on nylon anti-slip cleat for open metal grate flooring to reduce pedestrian slips on metal grating stairs and walkways that are used extensively in industry.
This metal grating for stairs and walkways has been the only choice when light, air and liquids need to pass through it. But when it is wet or worn those areas can be notoriously slippery for personnel. This can be expensive to fix as it often involves cutting and welding, which is high risk work, or drilling and bolting which is labour intensive.
Annually slips, trips and falls make up a significant portion of recorded accidents. Based on Work Safe research, this figure was 23% in 2015-16, which is nearly a quarter of all accidents with compensation paid in the millions of dollars. With statistics like these, who can afford to let safety slip.
To address this, our International Patent pending Grate Cleat can be installed, clipping in place in seconds, adding a double row extra traction only to areas that need it. It eliminates the cost of replacing or repairing worn metal grating and greatly reducing the ‘slippery when wet’ issue in others, while still allowing light, air and products to pass through it as intended.
Grate Cleat is made from a UV stabilised polymer that is coloured bright yellow to stand out well in low light conditions. This makes stair edges or areas that you need to take care on very noticeable. The polymer is wear-resistant and flame retardant, making it very strong and capable of withstanding a wide range of acids and alkaline, oils and petrol without corrosion or effect.
The metal grating used for personnel stairs and walkways are normally made from 25mm or 32mm deep bars that are 5mm thick. The twist bar centres are spaced at either 50mm or 100mm. Grate Cleats anti-slip cleats fit this range of grating sizes, including the imperial equivalents and various grating manufacturers products. Using only one product makes it simple to stock and easy for installation.
- The double row surface pattern easily grips into safety footwear yet won’t easily clog up.
- The end clips facilitate locking in place on various sizes and brands of grating.
- The end clips reduce sideways movement making stepping on them feel safer.
- Using this patent pending clip-in method the cleat can fit all load bar sizes in the 5mm – 3/16” thick range the most commonly used personnel walkway size.
- This clip-in method will not interfere with structural steel below the grating allowing it to be placed uniformly across areas that need improved slip resistance .
- The Cleats centre slot and clips make it universal.
- Made from an extremely strong flame retardant (UL94-V0 rated) UV stabilised polymer.
- Resistant to a large range of acids and alkalines and having good wear resistance.
ADVANTAGES & SPECIFICATIONS
- This is the only nylon anti-slip Cleat that fits 25mm(1”) and 32mm(1-1/4”) bar depths including 50mm(2”) and 100mm(4’) twist bar centres with one device.
- Makes ordering/stocking easy with only one Cleat type/size required.
- Installation is in seconds with no tools required.
- No fasteners required.
- No hot work permits required.
- Reduced maintenance costs.
- Made from Nylon polymer that won’t rust, rattle or have the colour flake off.
- Safety yellow makes them highly visible on the areas personnel need to take care.
- Light weight for easy transport and storage for maintenance personnel.
- Flame retardant rating. UL94-V0
- UV stabilised colour.
- Resistant to Petrol, Diesel and Oil, and many acids and alkalines.
- Electrically Insulated.
- Working temperate range of -30° C to +80° C
- International Patent Pending.
This really is a ‘grate’ innovative product in the effort to reduce slips in industry that use this type of grating.
- as that need it!
For information and enquiries visit www.gratecleat.com
INTERNATIONAL PATENT PENDING / GRATE CLEAT PTY LTD
Read more Mining Safety News