Perilya is currently seeking a HSE Advisor to report to the Superintendent HSE. The main purpose of this role is to support the development and maintenance of effective HSE systems and processes for the Perilya Broken Hill Operations.
This role requires a motivated individual who is eager to take on a challenging yet rewarding role. This is your chance to make an impact on HSE outcomes.
Your key accountabilities include:
- Development and maintenance of HSE systems and processes
- Implementation and updating of the Safety Management database and associated systems
- Provide leadership in the implementation and operation of the key computer software administered by the HSE Department
- Provide reports, risk assessments and safety management training tools to company and national standards
- Facilitate investigations of significant incidents and compilation of risk assessments
- Meet Company requirements for consultation in HSE systems development and risk management processes
- Optimisation of HSE Management Systems
- Audit the quality of systems and present data produced to assess the effectiveness of the safety system processes
- Monitoring of the operation of the HSE system and identification of opportunities for improvement
- Introduce and support positive behaviours that influence the HSE management culture in order to build a commitment to risk and safety management
- Source relevant information from internal and external sources and communicate as required
- Providing guidance to all people within the Perilya operations
- Monitoring of changes to HSE legislation and responding to requirements to change so that compliance is maintained.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Post graduate qualification in Work, Health and Safety or equivalent
- Previous experience in Human Factors Engineering
- Previous experience in Occupational Health and Hygiene
- ICAM (or similar) Lead Investigator training
- Auditing Qualifications and experience
- Previous experience in developing systems and processes (essential)
- Previous experience and an understanding of legislative structures and requirements
- Experience in a mining or heavy industry
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively use the computer packages PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
- An ability to plan and manage your own work
- The capacity to understand and deliver to both internal and external customer needs
- Manual Driver’s Licence
You must be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills and a track record in improvement and change project management. This position includes an attractive remuneration package including base salary and superannuation, private health cover and housing benefits
Broken Hill is a well-appointed rural mining town located in far Western NSW. The town boasts a thriving community that has a strong mining, rural and tourism focus. Broken Hill is a family town and offers indoor and outdoor sporting facilities, multiple choices of primary and secondary schools, a regional hospital including midwifery and paediatric facilities and a regular air service with daily flights to Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide.
Please apply online at: www.perilya.com.au/careers/vacancies or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference number BHO-487. Applications close COB Wednesday 20 September 2017.