Chandler Macleod are currently seeking an experienced Occupational Hygiene Specialist for a Mining Operator. This is a permanent role, based in the corporate offices in Perth CBD.
The purpose of this to role is to execute governance and assurance activities to enable corporate and regional business to deliver Health excellence. With excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills, this Occupational Hygiene Specialist will play a pivotal role in the continuous improvement of the Company’s Health & Hygiene systems and processes.
Key accountabilities for this role are:
• Defines improvement opportunities to support the execution of work
• Monitors changes to relevant legislative framework and industry standards, updates business documentation and instigates change management processes where required.
• Supports the regional business to identify health and hygiene improvement initiatives that align to the business planning priorities, build functional capability and develop and sustain functional excellence.
• Executes work that is the accountability of the health improvement team.
• Governs regional exposure risk profile.
• Collaborates with regulators and industry groups and undertakes legislative activities where prescribed and required.
• Lead and execute Health Assurance Program to provide assurance on compliance with statutory and governing framework requirements.
• Develops, coaches and mentors site-based HSE execution teams to build in-house expertise within the area of specialisation, deliver against objectives and sustain functional excellence.
To be successful applicant for this role you must have the following qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor Degree (Undergraduate degree) in Science and / or post graduate in Occupational Hygiene;
• 3-5 years’ site based experience in a Health capacity;
• Health regulatory framework relevant to the Australian Region;
• Hygiene risk assessment and risk profiling;
• Hygiene monitoring;
• Hygiene & Health policies and issues relevant to the industry and the regions in which the business operates;
• Legislative (Hygiene & Health) framework relevant to the Australian Operations;
• Demonstrated hands on experience developing, influencing and delivering successful health and hygiene projects, frameworks and systems on time and to budget;
• Proven ability to influence others, negotiate positive outcomes and work within a team;
• Detailed knowledge of key concepts, theories and practices related to the control of health related risks;
• Demonstrated capacity to influence / agree solutions with a small group of internal and external stakeholders at middle management level;
• Experience in underground mines or smelters an advantage
Please send through your CV if you believe you have the recent and relevant skills and experience to perform this role.
Ref No. 192554B
Phone number: 08 9228 5763